Loaf is a co-operative-run bakery and cookery school based in Stirchley, South Birmingham since 2009. We aim to build community through real food and healthy living in Birmingham.
Our bread and pastries are freshly baked on site along with hearty lunches for the workers of Stirchley, while next door we teach bread-making and cookery skills. We look forward to meeting you!
News from Loaf
- Bear Eats now on the shelves at LoafWe’re always looking for new local foodstuffs that go well with our bread, and were quite impressed with these chilli jams from Bear Eats who use them in the dishes they sell at food markets around town. … Read more
- New cooperative klaxon! 🚨Congratulations to the newest cooperatively-run enterprise on the block! York Supplies was successful in its share offer, raising £250,000 from the local community to buy this much-loved local business from its retiring owners. As you may know there … Read more
- Congratulations to Rea Valley Apiary!We popped along to the Birmingham Beekeepers show at Winterbourne this weekend and happened to catch the awards ceremony where Sharif Khan – whose Rea Valley honey we stock in our bakery shop – won nearly all … Read more
- Kids Snack Packs reportAt the start of the summer break we announced our plan to prepare packs of snacks for kids whose families were struggling with the cost of living in the holidays and asked you for donations. We had … Read more
- So long and thanks for all the honey, GarethIf you’re a long-time patron of Loaf you’ll remember when we only stocked one local honey from ‘G Francis’ and might be wondering when they’ll be back on the shelves. After many years of beekeeping and supplying … Read more
- Baking with Desem for Sourdough SeptemberIt’s that time again when we spend a month thinking about sourdough bread even more than we do the rest of the year. Sourdough September is the annual celebration of all things sourdough from the Real Bread … Read more
- We want your apples!No-one wants to think about Christmas while we’re in (probably) the last heatwave of the year, but there’s one very important festive job we need to do this month – make the filling for our legendary mince … Read more
- New Pip’s Sauce just droppedIt’s been a while since the awesome Pip launched a new hot sauce and this looks like a good’un. Made in collaboration with Attic Brew Co up the road, Brewed is her first fermented hot sauce, made … Read more
- TTFN TuesdaysWe’ve thought long and hard about this over the summer and unfortunately we cannot make Tuesdays work with the current Loaf business model. So from next week Loaf will be open Wednesday to Saturday. Our hours on … Read more
- Prices are going upThe cost of running Loaf has gone up a lot over the past couple of years. This is, of course, happening to across the board. Everyone in our supply chain has seen costs increase and are passing … Read more