Loaf is a co-operative-run bakery and cookery school based in Stirchley, South Birmingham since 2009. We aim to build community through real food and healthy living in Birmingham.
Our bread and pastries are freshly baked on site along with hearty lunches for the workers of Stirchley, while next door we teach bread-making and cookery skills. We look forward to meeting you!
News from Loaf
- Cookery school vouchers and an explanatory leafletOur cookery school vouchers sell so well that we often forget to promote them, but not at this time of year! Please consider giving the gift of a future food learning experience this Winterval by visiting this… Read more: Cookery school vouchers and an explanatory leaflet
- For all your baking needs…We sell all the equipment you need to bake bread in your own home, from proving baskets to bread tins to wooden peels. See our equipment range. Along with flour you’d expect to find in a bakery,… Read more: For all your baking needs…
- Local produce made locally by local peopleOver the last couple of years we’ve been increasing the range and availability of locally produced foodstuffs that go well with a nice slice of bread. We’re proud to say this is now a significant part of… Read more: Local produce made locally by local people
- Aprons, totes and tea towels, oh my!We had our delivery from our screenprinters Do Make Say Ink of some lovely items designed by Molly. The headline is we finally, after talking about it for years, have a Loaf apron! Made from organic cotton… Read more: Aprons, totes and tea towels, oh my!
- Bear Eats now on the shelves at LoafWe’re always looking for new local foodstuffs that go well with our bread, and were quite impressed with these chilli jams from Bear Eats who use them in the dishes they sell at food markets around town.… Read more: Bear Eats now on the shelves at Loaf
- New cooperative klaxon! 🚨Congratulations to the newest cooperatively-run enterprise on the block! York Supplies was successful in its share offer, raising £250,000 from the local community to buy this much-loved local business from its retiring owners. As you may know there… Read more: New cooperative klaxon! 🚨
- Congratulations to Rea Valley Apiary!We popped along to the Birmingham Beekeepers show at Winterbourne this weekend and happened to catch the awards ceremony where Sharif Khan – whose Rea Valley honey we stock in our bakery shop – won nearly all… Read more: Congratulations to Rea Valley Apiary!
- Kids Snack Packs reportAt the start of the summer break we announced our plan to prepare packs of snacks for kids whose families were struggling with the cost of living in the holidays and asked you for donations. We had… Read more: Kids Snack Packs report
- So long and thanks for all the honey, GarethIf you’re a long-time patron of Loaf you’ll remember when we only stocked one local honey from ‘G Francis’ and might be wondering when they’ll be back on the shelves. After many years of beekeeping and supplying… Read more: So long and thanks for all the honey, Gareth
- Baking with Desem for Sourdough SeptemberIt’s that time again when we spend a month thinking about sourdough bread even more than we do the rest of the year. Sourdough September is the annual celebration of all things sourdough from the Real Bread… Read more: Baking with Desem for Sourdough September